Re: Correcting an incorrect assertion. Was: Re: delegation mechanism...

2002-08-02 15:53:07
At 02:10 PM 8/2/2002 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
Dave Crocker <dhc2(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> writes:
> Randy, evidently you have not been paying much attention.  No about of
> action from ICANN has been acceptable.  No amount of inaction.  Ever.
> Everything has been used solely as grist for the criticism mill.

This argument is completely bogus.  It's semantically equivalent to
arguing that ICANN is being unfairly criticized and using as the
foundation of your argument the assertion that the criticism of ICANN is
unfair.

Evidently you have not had the pleasure of trying to conduct a constructive dialogue with someone who has no interest in constructive dialogue.

Instead, such folk look only for reasons to attack you. They distort what you say. They find conspiracy theories to explain your actions, independent of the facts. And so on.

It is nothing like the tautology you suggest.

Your words only make sense to someone who already believes that ICANN has
gone to heroic efforts to try to satisfy their criticism.  If you believe
that ICANN has put almost all of its energy into obfuscation and

Thank you for validating my characterization of the kinds of people ICANN must deal with.

d/

Dave Crocker <mailto:dave(_at_)tribalwise(_dot_)com>
TribalWise, Inc. <http://www.tribalwise.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253; fax +1.408.850.1850