Re: Correcting an incorrect assertion. Was: Re: delegation mechanism...

2002-08-01 18:49:20
so tell me, vint.  maybe i am bit slow here, but.  as icann is a
shepherd of the public trust, other than personnel data, which are
obviously confidential, why is icann not fiscally and procedurally
transparent?  why did there need to be any of this pool-pah in the
first place?  was there a critical shortage of controversy?
karl's initial request was for unlimited access (fine) AND
ability to release without limit any material he saw fit. ICANN
responded with a procedure to protect confidentiality. Karl never
took advantage of that (others did) but instead sued. I would
note that his position as to access/release changed, at least as
I understand it, after the suit was filed.

these are details of yet another cat fight into which icann has
wandered in its ever-unsatisfied desire for pool-pah.  i was trying
to look above that.  what fiscal or procedural matters of icann
(other than personnel data, which are usually well-protected
anyway) preclude simple transparency?  why don't you just simply
publish the stuff at a detailed level on the web [0]?

randy

---

[0] - e.g. afnog's financial *details*, not summary, down to the
      dollar are on a public web site.  e.g.
      <http://www.nsrc.org/AFNOG-2000-Final.html>
      <http://www.nsrc.org/AFNOG-2001-Final.html>
      i don't think 2002 is finalized yert