Re: Why spam is a problem.

2002-08-13 14:49:12

Franck Martin <franck(_at_)sopac(_dot_)org> writes:
My own little piece part of a solution, is to enable global digital
signature.

For the moment GPG and S/MIME are not living to their promisses because
they are not offering tracability through a global certification
authority system (like DNS). So we come back to an old discussion GLOBAL
PKI with DNS help.

As I've said before: prime numbers are cheap. Anyone can get a
certificate. If we do this, we'll just get certified spam.

The problem isn't tracking down the spammers. Tracking them down is
laughably easy if you are willing to invest the time. I've done it on
a few occasions. The problem is stopping them from putting mail in
people's mailboxes.

Perry