Re: Why Spam is a problem

2002-08-13 20:34:28

----- Original Message -----
From: "Garrett Wollman" <wollman(_at_)lcs(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu>
To: <billcu(_at_)citynet(_dot_)net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 10:36 PM
Subject: Re: Why Spam is a problem

In article
<mit.lcs.mail.ietf/20020814023348$14fe(_at_)traf(_dot_)lcs(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu>
 you
write:
I'm no fan of spam but we all get snail mail ads don't we? Shouldn't
advertisers of a possibly good product be allowed to e-mail
adverstise?

Certainly they should.  They simply should not be allowed to send it
to unwilling parties.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | [G]enes make enzymes, and enzymes control the rates
of

I've been in tele-marketing for 5 years. There's a controversial business.
No one likes to be woken up early in the morning. There's a federal law that
says that if someone wants to be put on the "do not call list" they can't be
contacted again, kind of like an opt-out policy, personally I think that's
the way to go.
    I've received pornographic spam for a while I don't even bother to look
at anymore, because I know if I choose to opt-out, it doesn't do me any
good, I keep receiving the e-mail. I've tried I know a dozen times to get
off the mail list and it's useless. This is wrong.