Re: Last Call: CR-LDP Extensions for ASON to Informational

2003-01-24 04:56:11
Bert,

my bad - what I meant was that the extensions in the normative
references would be ietf approved by indirection, when the
documents asking for code points were approved was not obvious
to people reviewing (at least it was not obvious to me,
not that anyone tried to run a secret process

and I'm concerned that the OIF has specified extension to LDP,
and preliminary allocated message names from the IETF concnsus space
more than a year ago and that this does not show in the IANA
registry yet. there are (I believe) implementations of the UNI spec
deployed.

/Loa

Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:

loa> The consequence of approving the drafts will be that the extensions loa> by OIF and ITU will be approved by the IETF. I'm not sure that this
loa> has been in the open.

Two points:
- the extensions to LDP were found to be in space that requires
  IETF Consensus, and so Scott and I asked for an IETF Last Call
  on the document. That is an explicit OPEN process

Bert

--
Loa Andersson

Mobile          +46 739 81 21 64