Re: Last Call: CR-LDP Extensions for ASON to Informational

2003-01-27 07:53:07
jerry, all,

very simply i would imho recommend that involved
parties (re-)consider your proposal "Would it be
worthwhile to somehow 'package' the needed ASON
extensions into a proposed GMPLS upgrade and
presented to CCAMP as such?" this is the only
way i can see (today) to achieve a (hopefully)
satisfactory result from both involved sides.

yes, jerry i agree with you it is imho the
right way to handle this.

thanks,
- dimitri.

"Ash, Gerald R (Jerry), ALABS" wrote:

Zhi,

(e) These documents were never taken seriously (This is the first email I
sent: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/ccamp/ccamp.2002/msg00918.html -- but of
course no one responded)

Reminder, I responded to your email on June 18, very shortly after you posted
(my email to you is attached below).  That I did this off the list was
probably a mistake.   We (you, your co-authors, Adrian and I) then had a
prolonged exchange of emails about the draft.  Adrian sent you extensive
comments on the draft highlighting concerns, suggesting text, and pointing
out nits. That you have a reasonably long list of acknowledgements and
contributors suggests that the draft was not ignored.

As I commented in the attached email to you, "Would it be worthwhile to
somehow 'package' the needed ASON extensions into a proposed GMPLS upgrade
and presented to CCAMP as such?"  I still maintain that this would be the
correct way to handle this: bring the requirements to CCAMP as a requirements
draft, thrash them out, and get the necessary extensions adopted in CCAMP.
Rather, the ITU has developed protocol extensions for GMPLS, something
outside the charter of the ITU I believe.

Jerry