Re: IPv6, interNAT, Wi-Fi (not mobile)

2003-03-26 13:38:58
S Woodside wrote:

On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 06:03  PM, John Stracke wrote:

proponents want to be able to do massive multihoming, with all participants with external links sharing those links, and all the traffic from the outside finding the shortest way in. I won't say it's impossible, but last I heard nobody knew how to do it; the route flap would be horrible.

I understand that it's difficult, but it's also important.

Well, yeah. If you could solve it, the solution would be applicable to all networks, and would substantially improve the stability of the Internet. So obviously lots of people (not me; I'm not a routing expert) have thought about it; the fact that it hasn't been solved yet should discourage you from making plans that assume it will be solved.

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com                     |