Re: IPv6, interNAT, Wi-Fi (not mobile)

2003-03-27 08:03:15
Fred Baker wrote:

Using it as ad hoc, I think you want to not relay route flaps to your providers. Rather, you want to advertise your prefix (however obtained) to them en mass, and handle the routing issues internally. This may mean providing wired connectivity between your various points of attachment to your providers, to mask the internal motion.

Or, failing that, some more firmly nailed-up wireless connectivity. If you can get line-of-sight between your attachment points, then two high-gain antennas and two UPSes would be cheaper than most wired connections, and probably almost as reliable.

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com                     |