Re: Thinking differently about the site local problem (was: RE: site local addresses (was Re: Fw: Welcome to the InterNAT...))

2003-03-31 11:44:35
Keith Moore wrote:

site locals do not provide a well known flag because an application has
no idea about the site boundary,

Or boundaries: consider a private LAN where one part is firewalled from other parts of the same site. The single flag "this address is site-local" cannot mark that boundary.

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com                     |