Re: A Good Schism Brightens Anyone's Day (was: A Simple Question)

2003-04-30 17:45:33
g'day,

Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:41:43 PDT, Peter Deutsch said:
Well, if anyone's going to argue against them, shouldn't they at least
understand why they're being deployed?? ;-)

I can watch CNN broadcasting pictures of self-flaggelating religious types
and say "Wow, that's gotta hurt!" without understanding why they do it....

Yeah, but if we want to continue with this religious analogy for a bit
longer, there's plenty of evidence throughout history that failure to
understand why other cultures do what they do can actually actually hurt
*you* in the long run....

                        - peterd

    Peter Deutsch                       pdeutsch(_at_)gydig(_dot_)com
    Gydig Software

  "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a
   genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people
   who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."

                                        -- Dave Barry