Re: My point about the ambiguity of the question

2003-05-02 09:24:12
Thomas & Erik,

These notes illustrate my point about the ambiguity of the question.

What they illustrate is your persistent efforts to misconstrue and
misinterpret what other people are saying.

First, one has to question how well Ted and others were informed if
their issue is all about ambiguity.

"it" depends on the context of that particular discussion, which is not
necessarily site-local as a whole.

Ambiguity is one of the issues associated with site local, not the only one.

Even if Ted is only concerned about ambiguity, that doesn't invalidate Ted's
opinion.  Different people will place different values on different aspects of
a proposal, so they'll have different reasons for voting yes or no on a
question such as this.

As the second note shows, part of the goal of some
votes is to disallow a network manager the ability to limit access or
visibility to some of their nodes.

As the author of the second note, I can authoritatively say that this is
a misinterpretation.

Keith