Re: Last Call: IP over MIME to Proposed Standard

2003-05-25 04:27:16
On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 04:48:20PM -0400, Keith Moore wrote:
We make IP-over-Foo
specifications standards track all the time.  We do not make a point of
forcing them to Experimental.

Fine.  Give it the same status as IP over Avian Carriers.  Because it's
about as useful.

At least piegons sit (fly) at the link layer, albeit not a very reliable one :)

Sure, we have many IP-over-foo, but invariably foo is link layer.   MIME is not.

The IETF is judged by what it produces.  There are plenty of more deserving,
multiply implemented, useful and less frivilous drafts that are currently
blocked that ought to be advanced before this one.

Tim