Re: Last Call: IP over MIME to Proposed Standard

2003-05-25 16:37:23
g'day,

Dave Crocker wrote:
Also:  We have a jillion MIME types.  Why make a big deal out of this
one?  What is the damage that is of concern?

Maybe you didn't pick up on it, but Keith did write:

# 2. the Introduction recommends use of NAT, which is nonstandard and
# known to often be a harmful practice.

Seems obvious to me - Keith smells a NAT rat trying to get its nose
under the IETF tent flap, and is on the warpath again....  ;-)

                                - peterd

    Peter Deutsch                       pdeutsch(_at_)gydig(_dot_)com
    Gydig Software

             "I'm no stranger to sarcasm, Sir..."

                               - Red versus Blue