Re: spam

2003-05-27 15:22:45
On Tue, 27 May 2003 16:39:59 EDT, Dean Anderson said:

In other words, cost plays a big part in the decision.  But as has been so
roundly demonstrated, the cost associated with email is practically
non-existant, and does not ever cost any user more than $1 or $2 per
month, which they pay for email services.

Umm.. it costs more than $1 or $2 per month.  One you add in all the
encumbrances like benefits and overhead, I'm somewhere close to a dollar
a *MINUTE* - and I'm far from the highest paid person here.  Assuming 20
8 hour work days in a month, I'd have to be able to "just hit delete"
on all my spam for each day in about 6 seconds or so to get in under $2/month.

Ignore all the bennies and overhead, and it's up to a whole whopping
10-15 seconds a day to deal with my entire spam load.

And you know what? I get more spam than that.  And when you total across
all the employees of this place (some who make more than I do, some that
make less), all those 2 and 3 minutes add up to a *LOT* more than just
a dollar or two a month.....