Re: This IETF discussion list

2003-06-04 13:24:15
Hi -

From: "Michel Py" <michel(_at_)arneill-py(_dot_)sacramento(_dot_)ca(_dot_)us>
To: <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net>
Cc: "IETF Discussion" <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>;
<harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no>
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 8:04 PM
Subject: RE: This IETF discussion list
already and is supported by the community. If you don't like it, you can
either keep it to yourself, unsubscribe from the list, or support the
trolls with the consequences it will bring. Your call.

I think that threats like this are inimical to the open discourse on which
the standards community depends. Having experienced first hand the
"collateral damage" of over-zealous anti-spam measures, I'd hate to
see analogous problems arise in our discussion of how to address
the spam problem.

Randy