Re: Engineering to deal with the social problem of spam

2003-06-07 08:03:10
Tony,

TH> I would like to see the outcome of a bof be identification of an
TH> approach to globally verifiable authenticated email. I have no doubt
TH> there will be many gaps in our current tool set (starting with a
TH> deployable PKI), and a truck load of operational guidelines to develop.

What is wrong with PGP and/or S/MIME?

How do they fail to provide 'globally verifiable authenticated mail?"

How would something else be different?

Given 10 years of public key authenticated mail, why would something new
succeed?

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>