Re: Engineering to deal with the social problem of spam

2003-06-07 13:30:29
At 03:28 PM 6/7/2003, Eric A. Hall wrote:

on 6/7/2003 1:40 PM Paul Vixie wrote:

> and in this bof, i suggest that gateways to the current system be shat
> upon and never again considered.  when we move, we'll MOVE.

That's not globally-applicable. Probably better to specify the gateway
tagging, and then ~Paul can reject mail that has the markers, while ~Sales
can devalue mail with those markers in their post-transfer filters.

Indeed, some level of gatewaying will likely be necessary for transition, and to accomodate intra-company use of embedded devices which transmit email alerts (e.g. UPSs, NAS boxes, etc.).