Re: SIRs

2003-06-16 19:14:45

On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 04:00  PM, Pekka Savola wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, S Woodside wrote:
It might be interesting to have a facility where comments can be
attached to I-Ds (like in bug tracking systems / bugzilla).

I'm not sure what kind of comments you refer to?

"I think this and this is a bad idea, for these reasons, but naturally the document authors/editors won't add that in the next revision of the ID" ?

Create a document-based thread rather than a WG-based or mailing-list-based thread. Patches could also be posted and revision history (changes between revisions) would be easier to keep track of. People who have negative comments could post them, and they'd be part of the history record of the draft even if their comments are ignored/rejected.

simon