RE: myth of the great transition (was US Defense Department forma lly adopts IPv6)

2003-06-19 09:28:40
The person who's most in denial around here is you - about how
definitively
the market has, for the moment, chosen IPv4+NAT as the best balance
between
cost and effectiveness.

Get a grip. We all know you don't like NAT. You don't need to reply
*every* *single* *message* *about* *NAT* explaining for the
145,378,295th
time how bad they are.

Legend tells us Cato, a Roman senator during the Punic Wars, finished
every speech he made in the Senate with the words "Carthage Must Be
Destroyed". It didn't matter if it was a speech about defense, or
monetary policy or the Roman water works. His one-eyed devotion to
this
task was, well, determined. Keith sort of puts me in mind of Cato...

Carthage was eventually destroyed, but Cato died before that.

-- Christian Huitema