Re: myth of the great transition (was US Defense Department forma lly adopts IPv6)

2003-06-19 10:15:01
Michael Thomas <mat(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> writes:

Eric Rescorla writes:
 > What applications that people want to run--and the IT managers would
 > want to enable--are actually inhibited by NAT? It seems to me that
 > most of the applications inconvenienced by NAT are ones that IT
 > managers would want to screen off anyway.

Uh, have you paid no attention to voice? It
qualifies on both counts. We get complaints from
customers each and every day... the ones that are
lucky enough to figure out that NAT is why their
IP phone doesn't work that is.

As I said, these would be screened off by corporate firewalls in most
cases anyway.

-Ekr

--
[Eric Rescorla                                   ekr(_at_)rtfm(_dot_)com]
                http://www.rtfm.com/