Re: myth of the great transition (was US Defense Department forma lly adopts IPv6)

2003-06-20 08:55:13
From: Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>

the reason I point out the flaws with NAT is not that I think we can get
rid of them in v4. it's because some people are still of the belief that
NATs are mostly harmless and that we should not only permit them
into v6, but extend our architecture to embrace them.  that's simply
insane.

The current combatants seemed to fail to notice a long time ago when
those who started this thread by claiming NAT boxes are clearly good
and desirable things were convinced, or more likely, went elsewhere
to peddle their views.