Re: Response from a former IMPP Chair (Re: Last Call: A Model for Presence and Instant Messaging to Proposed Standard)

2003-07-19 11:30:01
WRITTEN IN MY ROLE AS FORMER IMPP CHAIR

Dave and Marshall,

harald - first, thanks very much for the note.

dave and i are having a bit of trouble co-ordinating our post-vienna schedules,
so it will probably be a couple of days before we can respond in full to your
reply. (but, don't worry... we will!)

in the meantime, may i ask a question: it was unclear to me whether your reply
was meant as an alternative interpretation of events or an actual rebuttal. if
the former, that's fine. if the latter, then there were a large number of things
which you just skipped over. should i interpret that as your agreement, or, if
not, do you plan on discussing those issues in the future.

of course, if you didn't intend to address those issues, that's fine. i'm just
trying to figure out your position with respect to the breadth of material we
presented.

thanks!

/mtr