Re: Response from a former IMPP Chair (Re: Last Call: A Model for Presence and Instant Messaging to Proposed Standard)

2003-07-20 08:18:35
Marshall,

I found that when I tried to understand your note, it seemed to consist of three themes:

- A basic disagreement on the direction of the group, and an interpretation of history that appeared to say that the group had not consciously and conscientously made the decision to go down the path you disagreed with
- A number of issues that made sense given the interpretation above
- A number of relatively minor issues

I decided to address the first one; the second group did not make sense to address as long as we had disagreement on the first one, and the third one did not seem to me like one I could contribute any particular expertise in solving; in a less polarized context, I would see most of these as "minor wording edits" that the document editors would handle as a matter of course.

I am looking forward to your response.

                      Harald

--On 19. juli 2003 11:19 -0700 Marshall Rose