Re: A modest proposal - allow the ID repository to hold xml

2003-09-02 11:19:32
Rosen, Brian wrote:
Allow the submission of an xml file meeting the requirements of RFC2629
along with the text file (and optional ps file) for an Internet Draft.

The value in this would be that it provides everyone with the document
source, suitable for generating patches for the author.  This is useful,
but if it's going to be allowed with XML then we should also allow it
with nroff, which historically we haven't.  I don't have particularly
strong feelings either way, but I do think these two cases should be
treated equivalently.

-zefram