Careful with those spamtools.....

2003-09-13 17:26:24
I followed some links today, and discovered to my horror that one of the spamtools I'd been using had been throwing away some valid messages - including some from this very list.

It turned out that OSIRUSOFT had gone belly-up, and started declaring that "the world consists of spammers"..... or something.

Digging into the facts gave me the following link:

<http://news.spamassassin.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article
&sid=44&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0>

and the short fix is this (for people who know how to manipulate SpamAssassin scores):

score   RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM   0
score   X_OSIRU_DUL             0
score   X_OSIRU_DUL_FH          0
score   X_OSIRU_OPEN_RELAY      0
score   X_OSIRU_SPAM_SRC        0
score   X_OSIRU_SPAMWARE_SITE   0

Shows the risks of depending on too many services you don't track the status of.....

                Harald