Re: Careful with those spamtools.....

2003-09-15 00:36:28
On maandag, sep 15, 2003, at 03:50 Europe/Amsterdam, Dean Anderson wrote:

I think that content analysis holds much promise. Only a few years ago, we
thought that speaker-independent voice recognition was science fiction.

And in the '60s we thought we'd all be going to work in a rocket by now.

Throwing away spam after the fact has the problem that there is no feedback to the spammer, so they happily continue to spam the same email address. And because their spamming gets less successful, they're forced to spam even more.

But I guess content filtering can be used to blacklist spammers by their IP address in close to real time. That would be useful.