Re: Careful with those spamtools.....

2003-09-14 16:28:13

Indeed.  These open relay blacklist sites were always a highly
questionable source for mail filtering.  Quite obviously, open relays have
no relationship to spam, so using an open relay blacklist is going to
block a lot of non-spam email.  This wasn't the only way they duped and
misled their victims.  Frequently they told people to configure spam
filters so that relay use (open or closed) would fool their filters. So
their users got _more_ spam, not less.

                --Dean