Re: Careful with those spamtools.....

2003-09-14 18:47:35
A few comments (interleaved) to clarify the record :)

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 19:14:14 -0400 (EDT), Dean Anderson wrote:
Indeed.  These open relay blacklist sites were always a highly
questionable source for mail filtering.  Quite obviously, open relays have
no relationship to spam, so using an open relay blacklist is going to
block a lot of non-spam email.

==> That is the only way to get the attention of overworked (or
     incompetent) admins.    In one case I had to contact (personally)
     Ziggy Switkowski, the chairman of Telstra, to get his firm to
     crack down on misuse of his network.  That solved the immediate
     problem (and that's what it took because the admins didn't do a
     thing except send auto-ignore messages), yet three years later Telstra
     is still a menace to the Internet.  See today's article

 <http://www.zdnet.com.au/newstech/security/story/0,2000048600,20278508,00.htm>

[snip]