Re: accusations of cluelessness

2003-10-11 13:18:31
As far as I can tell, the IPv6 site
local discussion on both sides is only about moot theories.

That's because you aren't trying to write apps that operate across
addressing realm boundaries, and you're apparently not willing to listen
to those who are.

I am working on an application that works accross addressing realm
bondaries.
[...]
That nasty stuff causes all kinds of real world trouble

just a couple of messages ago you were claiming that the discussion was about
moot theories and now you're claiming that it causes real world trouble.
which is it?

So why are you only repeating what you've said many times before instead
of writing an RFC that will repudiate and replace BCP 5?

the reason I repeat these things once in awhile is because a significant
fraction of people still don't get it, and they're hindering progress.

the reason I don't try to repudiate BCP 5 is that it's clear that for IPv4
we're out of addresses, and you can't really solve the problem in IPv4
any other way except to move to another address space.