RE: arguments against NAT?

2003-12-03 11:35:03
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Michel Py wrote:

I'm not arguing about that, it is delaying things indeed. However I
wonder which kind of instant messaging you are referring to, as all the
ones I've seen work fine through NAT.

Yahoo and AOL (I have never used MSN). Sure, you can do normal chatting,
but once you extend into the other features such as file transfer, voice,
and webcam... things break. You can get _some_ subset of features to work
if you have control of the NAT, but otherwise your stuck.

~armando

| Armando L. Caro Jr.  |  Protocol Engineering Lab |
| www.armandocaro.net  |    University of Delaware |