Re: national security

2003-12-06 16:47:38

    have we figures about the frequency of changes in the root file?

The serial # changes twice a day. The contents hardly as far as I
can see.

    Always wanted to check that, but since it is of interest on a
    substantial duration never did.

It is very easy to check. Just pull over the zone file at a regulary
base and do a diff.

    The only serious figure I have is that ICANN decided that three
    months and half to update major ccTLD secondaries was OK (after
    KPNQuest).

Document your figures.

Note that ns.eu.net was never dead, so I wonder what the relevance
is anyway.

        jaap

PS. I wonder how soon someone will tell me I shouldn't be feeding ...