Re: Propose some information retrieval protocols for Internet

2003-12-31 04:14:56
You could find more information about our project in
http://202.114.9.200/English/main.htm

Hm, it won't open for me.

I've looked over your other documents and it seems you mainly focus on organization in general and organization by domain in particular. I don't really have an opinion on whether that's a good approach, but I'm more interested in something else: I'd like to see more semantic information in search engines. Eventually, this would allow queries like "which actors played in movies after books written by authors born in Chili in 1961?"

While the current approach of doing plain text searches in lots of text very fast is certainly useful, it's not exactly the most advanced way to arrive at the intended result.