Re: Propose some information retrieval protocols for Internet

2004-01-01 22:52:16
In fact, our project is just a digital library project. DRIS is its main
part. Another part is Mylibrary(_at_)HUST, a intellitent search system, which
will directly answer all your question in the future. But now it can only
answer some questions about routine of libray. Such system is also called
virtual consulting system, which is a traditional research subject in
digital library. There has been some excellent systems in some libraries.

But the main disadvantage of these systems lie that its knowledge database
is too small and can only answer few questions. Internet may be the biggest
knowledge database, so we proposed the DRIS, which will act as the knowledge
source of such personal intelligent systems.

At all, we need an answer, but not piles of jumbled hyperlinks.

Any kind of metadata based solution can resolve this context ambiguity.
Digital library folks have been doing this for years.

or how about

http://www.irtf.org/siren/draft-klensin-dns-search-05.txt ?