Re: Propose some information retrieval protocols for Internet

2004-01-02 08:07:29

Please,please learn some basic knowledge about search engine.
Now we are discussing the search engine, one of most important services of
Internet.

Asking  for advices is first step, then a work group may be proposed.  So
don't  worry about where we discuss this issue.

without looking into DRIS...

Knowledge base for the whole Internet? The Internet based information
is so dynamic (see the use SRV and dynamic DNS.) IMO, the hierarchy and
zone delegation nature of DNS is a scalable one. It is hard to populate
the knowledge base for the whole Internet. I know Dave clark et all has
recently proposed a overlay knowledge plane architecture which use
sensors and actuators to feed knowledge (but, it is for network
management purpose.)

In any case, you should take this issue to the right forum. SIREN RG?