Re: SMTP Minimum Retry Period - Proposal To Modify Mx

2004-01-12 15:11:03
[my final message to the list on this thread]

On Monday, January 12, 2004, at 03:51  PM, Vernon Schryver wrote:

I also have to say that I fear your approach would help the larger ISPs
use spam as an excuse to kill off smaller ISP's...

How so?  Exactly what is my approach?

I'm sorry, you're right, that was totally unfair. I meant blacklists, because you were arguing for them, but that doesn't make "your approach" synonymous with blacklists. My apologies for trivializing your position. s/"your approach"/blacklisting/

"Fair due process" and "free speech" and even "legitimacy" are none
of your concern....

I don't want to burden the ietf list with an argument over the nature of liberty, but I'd be happy to have that discussion privately if you like.

If you think blacklists are bad because they can be run by fools, then
you also must hate any network authentication and authorization
mechanism.

That's only a slight overstatement, actually.

I am offended by your implication that I suggested any such thing.

I am sorry if I misinterpreted.

Then you'd better give up on the Internet.

That's a tad oversimplified, isn't it? Was Yosemite doomed when the first candy wrapper was dropped in the valley? -- Nathaniel