Re: Visa for South Korea

2004-01-12 18:26:05
  - Individuals traveling to Korean to attend the IETF meeting
    do not need a visa, as they are traveling to attend a
    non-profit conference.  They can stay in Korea up to 30
    day for such purpose and for tourism.

  - If you travel to Korea for business purposes, such as
    meeting customers or other business purposes, then a
    visa is needed.

It's typical for my activity at IETF to fall somewhere between these
two cases.

I run into employees of my employer's customers and suppliers at IETF
all the time.  Small amounts of "business"-related discussions
invariably occur..

                                                - Bill