Re: Apology Re: Principles of Spam-abatement

2004-03-15 18:55:05
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:58:25 -0500, Yakov Shafranovich wrote:

My concern with your approach is with the fact that SPs can employ such
measures against someone else without proof,

Some do it now.  This consideration is unrelated to my proposal.

simply cutting off
connectivity for some stupid reason and blaming it on not handling abuse
reports.

Section 3 of my draft proposes a staged enforcement procedure after
careful investigation.

I am not wedded to any particular procedure.  I just want to move the
discussion from the present 'make the victims pay' model  to the only
one that will ever work, viz. 'make the polluters pay'.  It is fun,
easy to do, shows fast results, and is proven by thousands of years
of experience.

Jeffrey Race