Re: Apology Re: Principles of Spam-abatement

2004-03-16 15:25:18

Ed Gerck wrote:

What interests the IETF are technical spam solutions, for example, that would prevent email that comes from unidentifiable or rogue senders/MTAs to be ever received. Not because spam is detected as such but because untrusted, unidentifiable or rogue senders/MTAs are detected. Yeah, this would still leave room for trusted and identifiable senders/MTAs to send spam messages. But such spammers are no longer a hidden target. And it would be a lot harder for someone to send spam on behalf of you.
Yes!
I agree that the IETF can not stop spam. A very reasonable goal would be
to stop or make very unlikely, or difficult to send forged spam. Or at least
make it detectable early in the process of accepting email and hang up
on the spammer.

--

Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
                              | Cell:   (208)520-4044