Re: IESG review of RFC Editor documents

2004-03-26 18:19:23
At 04:41 PM 3/26/2004, Keith Moore wrote:
What I have a problem with is individuals demanding the right to have their
half-baked specifications published as RFCs, and for the RFC Editor to publish
those documents as RFCs without public review, or (as has happened in the
past) even when substantial oversights or design flaws in those specifications
have been pointed out to the RFC Editor.

Personally, I'm more concerned by WGs demanding their right to
have their half-baked specifications published as RFCs, and the
for IESG to approve them without any IETF review or other
community review, or (as has happened in the past) even when
substantial oversights or design flaws in those specifications
were pointed out by individuals.

Kurt