Re: [Ietf] New .mobi, .xxx, ... TLDs?

2004-04-26 10:42:33
On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 01:34:06PM +0200, jfcm wrote:
Dear Markus,
to know where your remarks may lead, let come back to 1993.

You mean like in
http://ksi.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/archives/WWW-TALK/www-talk-1993q4.messages/579.html

At 21:16 23/04/04, Markus Stumpf wrote:
Hmmm ...
   For instance, Internet addresses ending in ".mobi" would allow sites
   built for the small screens of mobile phones.

This was a cite from the article, not my opinion!
If it wasn't clear from my posting: I am *against* those new TLDs.

IMHO all these have their origin in that the "semantic web" is at best
a slow starter and they try to put sematics into the web by adding
"semantic TLDs".

"Semantic web" is only DNC (Domain Name Confusion) unless it uses a correct
grammar (oherwise there will be nothing to sell even for the worst
merchant). Grammar says the protocol is in the scheme, the intefaces in
upper level names, domain name in the SLD and the interneted network in the
TLD.

You are talking about IMHO the syntax of URLs, I am talking about
    http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
and

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?articleID=00048144-10D2-1C70-84A9809EC588EF21&catID=2
where people would probably stop abusing DNS domains as registers
for marketing, to reflect content in the domain name.

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299