Re: Please note this update: IETF mission statement

2004-05-03 02:48:48
Hi Harald,

On Sun, 02 May 2004 22:50:07 -0700
Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no> wrote:

I have tried to incorporate the extremely useful feedback I got
on this list and from the Korea plenary.

I hope this is ready to send to IETF-wide Last Call.
This is your chance to get at it early :-)

I haven't been all that involved in the IETF to have a strong
opinion on the draft. That being said, it sounds good.

Regarding deleting the appendix, I'd suggest not doing so, as I
think it fits the "Relevant" clause, namely :

"Note that it does not mean "correct" or "positive" - a
report of an experiment that failed, or a specification that
clearly says why you should not use it in a given situation,
can be highly relevant - for deciding what NOT to do."

I think including the possible mission statements that weren't
adequate will help further clarify the one that is.

If the appendix is retained, and it isn't too much effort,
expanded explanations of why the other mission statement
candidates weren't satisfactory or adequate may be of some value.

Regards,
Mark.

Take care,

                Harald