Re: 60th IETF - Registration

2004-05-21 02:00:22
On 21-mei-04, at 8:56, Leif Johansson wrote:

LJ> Big hotels that are cheap and where the staff won't throw a fit
LJ> when we all turn up in force, laptops, duct-tape and all, don't
LJ> exactly grow on trees you know! I'm happy if it has a bar.
    that must be why we are going to one that costs US$ 179/night,
    with no secondary lodging listed.

Hey - I'm all for a permanent relocation to Minneapolis!

Great, then I can get fingerprinted three times a year... If the IETF is going for permanent relocation, let's make it outside the US, ok?

But I have
seen worse. The LA IETF was >200$ per night. The 'throw-a-fit' bit
probably limits the choices a bit too. I remember working on the
Stockholm IETF. We (the local staff) were politely asked but the
staff of the Grand Hotel to please use the service entrances as we
were scaring the other guests :-)

On a related note: can someone who is in the know say whether efforts to host an IETF meeting are appreciated? I sent a message to the secretariat asking about conference room sizes and so on a while back but didn't get an answer, and some rumors I heard weren't exactly inspiring either.