Re: 60th IETF - Registration

2004-05-21 07:27:52

--On 21. mai 2004 10:31 +0200 Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch(_at_)muada(_dot_)com> wrote:

But I have
seen worse. The LA IETF was >200$ per night. The 'throw-a-fit' bit
probably limits the choices a bit too. I remember working on the
Stockholm IETF. We (the local staff) were politely asked but the
staff of the Grand Hotel to please use the service entrances as we
were scaring the other guests :-)

On a related note: can someone who is in the know say whether efforts to
host an IETF meeting are appreciated? I sent a message to the secretariat
asking about conference room sizes and so on a while back but didn't get
an answer, and some rumors I heard weren't exactly inspiring either.

Offers ARE appreciated. Very much so!

However, not all of them work out - we had an offer last year that we decided not to follow up on - after thinking about it, the best available site had some logistical problems we were unable to accept.

Please re-send your message, CC me - you should at least get an answer!

                          Harald