Re: 60th IETF - Registration

2004-05-18 15:26:20
Not really.  They have a site that already supports this, should work, but is
not working for a couple of days ... and some of us travel and don't have extra
time neither resources (already using our personal time and paying our expenses
for IETF from our own pocket) to use phone or fax when it could be done by
email or on-line.

We should also remember that the people don't comes just from US. When I called
they (not very kindly) suggested me if I can call back in 6 hours (!!!!!)
because registration services doesn't work so early. Incredible, this is having
fun and supporting international guests. Just quality, hopefully not the same
we will get when we are in the meeting.

Anyway, if they want the business, they should make sure that this is working
and I'm sure IETF Secretariat is kind to take care of those small details in
order to facilitate the participation of the people.

Of course, is only my opinion ... but is comparable as having our web site
supporting IPv6 ... is surprising to me that we don't make sure to use our own
protocols and show to the rest of the world that what we do, just works. I
recall something about "running code" ;-) ?

Regards,
Jordi