Re: spoofing email addresses

2004-05-28 06:04:40
... <HREF="http://sa.vix.com/~vixie/mailfrom.txt";>MAIL-FROM</A>.

      I do not see a draft in the ietf process anyplace .  Was this
      ever submitted ?  I do notice that several of the other
      proposal's make mention of this work ,  But in none of them do
      they mention it as a draft or other ietf work .

there was no working group where it was appropriate at the time it was
written.  i've sent it to every one of the dozen people who have asked
me to review some similar, and usually ill considered thing.  i've also
sent it to several spam-related and dns-related mailing lists, including
this one (ietf@).

      Any plans to submit it as a draft .  Tia ,  JimL

MARID is basically a layer 9 exercise, uninterested in engineering as
such.  it was formed to merge two ill considered ideas, one from yahoo
and one from microsoft, in a way that would cause either no loss of face,
or equal loss of face, for those two parties.  the people who submit
their own ideas to it are wasting their time.