Re: Response to complaint from Dean Anderson (fwd)

2004-06-17 16:27:13

--On 16. juni 2004 18:03 -0400 Dean Anderson <dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com> wrote:

I've noticed that Rob Austein continues to use sra(_at_)isc(_dot_)org for his
work as
WG co-chair.  I think I've been very patient, and have held off on legal
recourse so far.

Dean,

we have been very patient with you, but you are misrepresenting the situation.

I have replied that I do not see the merit to your complaint, and have NOT asked Rob Austein to change his address, have NOT asked ISC to change their antispam policies, and have NOT asked SORBS to change ther listings - having concluded that none of these is the IETF's business.

(the alternative - declaring that every antispam function of every system that is used by an IETF participant is a matter for the IETF to have an opinion on, and possibly work to have changed, every time it causes a message to bounce or be dropped - is simply not workable.)

If you don't like that decision, you are free to appeal the decision to the IAB according to RFC 3005, or to pursue any other avenue that you feel appropriate.

Making oblique reference to legal action on the IETF list will not change the situation.

                       Harald