Re: Response to complaint from Dean Anderson (fwd)

2004-06-16 16:02:46
I've noticed that Rob Austein continues to use sra(_at_)isc(_dot_)org for his
work as
WG co-chair.  I think I've been very patient, and have held off on legal
recourse so far.

Dean Anderson
Av8 Internet, Inc

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:14:39 +0930
From: Mark Smith
<ietf(_at_)130c04165a5b40404e4440445758487a(_dot_)nosense(_dot_)org>
To: Dean Anderson <dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com>
Cc: harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no, ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Response to complaint from Dean Anderson

On Wed, 19 May 2004 23:42:01 -0400 (EDT)
Dean Anderson <dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com> wrote:

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

<snip - whole lot of legal stuff that I don't have time to
read - I've got a few thousand RFCs to go ...>

Firstly, let me say that it is really sad that legalease, legal
council and legal positions have appeared on an IETF mailing
list to the extent we've seen. I've understood that the IETF was
all about best technical solutions and positions, not best legal
solutions and positions.

Dean, I'm in no position to implement this as a solution (nor
have I spent time thinking about how hard or easy it
would be to implement), however, presuming that @ietf.org doesn't
implement MTA blocking via methods such as SORBS, and I don't
think they do, would you be happy if all people who have official
IETF positions (eg. area advisor, working group chair, etc) had
@ietf.org email addresses, and used those for any IETF related
correspondence ?

Regards,
Mark.