Re: What exactly is an internet (service) provider?

2004-06-20 10:08:17
Much as I understand the moral outrage that NATs cause in some people's
mind, NATs are still a reality AND they (usually anyway) provide
connectivity to the Internet. Have you tried using a hotelroom Ethernet
port or a WiFi network recently? I can't remember the last time I was
assigned something that looked like a "real" routable IP address, but
as a consumer of paid-for Internet service (that works) is there any
reason (apart from religion) that I should care??

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Academic Research and Technology Initiatives, Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj