Re: What exactly is an internet (service) provider?

2004-06-20 15:22:25
Ole Jacobsen;

We can certainly have an argument about what is a reasonable price, but if
I can do *exactly* the same things (read/send e-mail, browse the web,
transfer files, make connections to remote hosts via SSH, listen to BBC
Radio 4, etc.) as I can from inside the corporate network, then what
exactly makes this NAT service "substandard"??

For example, how can you use mobile IP there?

Sure, I probably won't be able to make my laptop be a web server, nor will
you be able to log into it from where you are, but who cares?

How can you receive IP telephony call on your laptop?

                                                Masataka Ohta