Legal umbrella etc (Re: What to incorporate)

2004-09-04 02:13:12

--On lørdag, september 04, 2004 04:16:11 -0400 Dean Anderson <dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com> wrote:

So it would appear that the ISOC supervises what goes on.

ISOC does have a role in the process. "Supervise" is not a word I would use to describe it.

I note that both RFC 2031 and Vint Cerf's History indicates that the
POISED group recommended that the IETF should be split from the ISOC into
a separate legal entity.  8 years later, this still hasn't been done.

I can't see where RFC 2031 says that (I can see the document saying that the two are different, but not where it says that IETF should be a legal entity). Can you quote, please?